A growing number of players in the construction sector are taking part in the initiative to make use of a basic information delivery manual. The BIM Loket supports this initiative wholeheartedly. All the relevant documents are therefore being made available through this website. The BIM basic IDM is being developed in collaboration with buildingSMART Benelux.
A BASIS to build on
Do you also aspire to a world where information is structured, exchangeable, clear, accurate, complete and reusable? The BIM basic Information Delivery Manual (IDM) is a first step towards achieving this. The BIM basic IDM is not a new standard, but a response to the question: how can we share and exchange structured and unambiguous information in the whole lifecycle of the built environment?
In recent years, best practices have shown that working with open BIM is the only real solution for integrated collaboration throughout the supply chain. Speaking the same language is essential for integrated collaboration, enabling us to work more efficiently in the chain, avoid duplication and waste, and prevent errors. It also improves efficiency, because everyone knows where to find the information they need, and how information needs to be provided.
The agreements made relate to the exchange format, the basic structure to be used, and the guaranteed retention of information on buildings. The simplicity of these agreements, and their limited number, will promote widespread adoption and support throughout every link in the supply chain, from client to maintenance engineer.
Would you like to join us?
Does your company also believe that using and promoting the BIM basic IDM is a key part of ensuring that the BIM achieves results throughout the supply chain? Then why not join us? Complete the participation form and send us your logo. This involves committing your company to actively ensuring that your own organization and your direct partners in the supply chain remember, understand and apply this system.
The downloads below have been made available by the Management Committee of the BIM basic IDM and can be accessed via the BIM Loket. The BIM basic IDM is being developed in collaboration with the BIM Loket and buildingSMART Benelux. There is no central administration for the other documents as yet. Do you have any comments, questions or corrections? Then please contact the person shown in the relevant document or send an e-mail to Basic-IDM@bimloket.nl.
BIM basic IDM in Dutch (pdf)
- BIM basis ILS (v1.0)
- Supporting document "BIM from structure to desired output" (version 20160714)
International versions BIM basic IDM (pdf)
- English: BIM basic IDM (v1.0)
- German: BIM ILH Grundlagen (v1.0)
- Spanish: MEI básica BIM (v1.0)
- French: MLI basique BIM (v1.0)
- Italian: Guida fondamentale per la trasmissione delle informazioni BIM (v1.0)
- Portuguese: Manual básico IDM (v1.0)
- Romanian: BIM Bazele utilizării unui manual de transmitere a informației (v1.0)
- Estonian: BIM põhitõed IDM (v1.0)
- Swedish: Handbok för grundläggande informationsleverans (v1.0)
- Polish: BIM PWI (v1.0)
- Russian: BIM. БАЗОВОЕ РУКОВОДСТВО ПО ДОСТАВКЕ ИНФОРМАЦИИ (v1.0)
- Turkish: BIM temel bilgi teslim kilavuzu (BTK) (v1.0)
- Chinese: BIM 信息交付基本规定 (v1.0)
Manuals for specific software packages (English, pdf )
Manuals for specific software packages (Dutch only, pdf )
- Allplan Manual (v1.0 - January 2017)
- Archicad19 Manual (v1.0 - November 2016)
- Archicad21 Manual (v1.0 - June 2018)
- BricsCAD Manual (v1.0 - May 2018)
- DDS-CAD Manual (v1.0 - January 2017)
- Revit Manual (v1.0 - November 2016)
- Sketchup Manual (v2.1 - April 2018)
- Tekla Manual (v1.0 - November 2016)
- Vectorworks Manual (v1.0 - March 2019)
Manuals for Adomi, SCIA Engineer and HiCAD are currently being prepared.
Manuals for use of models that comply with the BIM basic IDM (Dutch only)
- Manual for use of IDM in SynchroPRO (v1.0 - July 2018)
Participants in BIM basic IDM
The BIM basic IDM is supported by the following participants. Hover over one of the logos to view the contact person for the relevant party.